Access, holdings & availability
- Los Angeles, CA : Direct Cinema Limited, 1988,c1979.
1 videocassette (60 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
- Pedestrian areas -- Social aspects -- New York (N.Y.)
Open spaces -- Social aspects -- New York (N.Y.)
Parks -- Social aspects -- New York (N.Y.)
Plazas -- Social aspects -- New York (N.Y.)
- Local subjects:
- Art and architecture videos.
- Documentary films.
- System details:
- : VHS.
- A small group of observers, the "Street Life Project", sets out to study how people use the parks and plazas of the city. With the help of time-lapse filming they find that what makes a place work are the basics--a place to sit, for example, food, sun, a passing show.
- Photography, William H. Whyte, Marilyn Russell.
- Produced by the Municipal Art Society of New York and originally issued as a motion picture in 1979.
Container says [copyright symbol] 1990.
Related text of the same title by William Hollingsworth White, c1980.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Web link:
- The Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund Home Page