This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Full frame format.
- Beverly Hills, CA : 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, c2002.
- Studio classic.
Studio 20th Century Fox classics
1 videodisc (138 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Orr, Mary -- Film adaptations.
Actresses -- United States -- Drama.
Theater -- United States -- Drama.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English, French and Spanish with optional subtitles in English and Spanish.
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System details:
- : DVD.
- From the moment she glimpses her idol at the stage door, Eve Harrington moves relentlessly towards her goal: taking the reins of power from the great actress Margo Channing. The cunning Eve maneuvers her way into Margo's Broadway role, becomes a sensation and even causes turmoil in the lives of Margo's director boyfriend, her playwright and his wife. Only the cynical drama critics see through Eve, admiring her audacity and perfect pattern of deceit.
- Bette Davis, Anne Baxter, George Sanders, Celeste Holm, Gary Merrill, Hugh Marlowe, Thelma Ritter, Marilyn Monroe, Gregory Ratoff, Barbara Bates, Walter Hampden.
- Director of photography, Milton Kasner; editor, Barbara McLean; music, Alfred Newman.
- Based on the short story: Wisdom of Eve by Mary Orr.
Originally released as motion picture in 1950.
Features audio commentary by Celeste Holm, Christopher Mankiewicz, Kenneth Geist and Sam Staggs ; original interviews with Bette Davis and Ann Baxter ; theatrical trailer ; cast gallery and scene selection.
- Mankiewicz, Joseph L. , Screenwriter, Director
Zanuck, Darryl Francis, 1902-1979. ,
Davis, Bette, 1908-1989. ,
Baxter, Anne. , Actor
Sanders, George, 1906-1972. , Actor
Holm, Celeste, 1919- , Actor
Merrill, Gary. , Actor
Monroe, Marilyn, 1926-1962. , Actor
Newman, Alfred, 1901-1970. , Composer
Orr, Mary. , Author
Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation. , Producer
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc. , Distributor
- Related Work:
- Orr, Mary., Author Wisdom of Eve.
- Publisher no.:
1 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment