Access, holdings & availability
- Other title:
- Doctor Strangelove
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb
- Special ed.
- Burbank, CA : Columbia Tristar Home Video, c2001.
1 videodisc (90 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
George, Peter, 1924-1966 -- Film adaptations.
Nuclear warfare -- Drama.
Political satire -- Drama.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English, French, Spanish and Portuguese with optional subtitles in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean, and Thai.
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System details:
- : DVD; Dolby Digital.
- A satire in which the U.S. president and his military advisors struggle ineptly to avert a holocaust after a psychotic Air Force general launches a nuclear attack on the Soviet Union because he fears that the Russians are poisoning the water supply in the United States.
- Peter Sellers, George C. Scott, Sterling Hayden, Keenan Wynn, Slim Pickens.
- Director of photography, Gilbert Taylor ; editor, Anthony Harvey ; music, Laurie Johnson.
- Based on the book Red alert by Peter George.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1963.
Special features: new documentary: The art of Stanley Kubrick from short films to Strangelove ; Inside the making of Dr. Strangelove ; original split-screen interview with Peter Sellers and George C. Scott ; original advertising gallery ; theatrical trailers ; talent files ; animated menus ; production notes ; scene selections.
Kubrick, Stanley. , Producer, Director, Screenwriter
Southern, Terry. , Screenwriter
Sellers, Peter, 1925-1980. ,
Scott, George C., 1927-1999 , Actor
Hayden, Sterling, 1916-1986. , Actor
George, Peter, 1924-1966. , Author, Screenwriter
Johnson, Laurie, 1927- , Composer
Columbia Pictures Industries. , Producer
Columbia TriStar Home Video (Firm) , Distributor
- Related Work:
- George, Peter, 1924-1966., Author, Screenwriter Red alert.
Johnson, Laurie, 1927-, Composer Dr. Strangelove. Final bomb run.
- Publisher no.:
06187 Columbia Tristar Home Video