Access, holdings & availability
- Silver Spring, MD : Acorn Media, c2002.
1 videodisc (96 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Film adaptations.
Othello (Fictitious character) -- Drama.
Jealousy -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- System details:
- : DVD; Dolby Digital.
- A 21st century version of Shakespeare's drama set in modern day London. When political and racial considerations result in the promotion of British policeman John Othello to commissioner, his envious mentor and ostensible best friend, Ben Jago, plots to ruin him -- not only by disgracing him in the workplace, but also by undermining his marriage to the beautiful Dessie.
- Eamonn Walker, Christopher Eccleston, Keeley Hawes, Bill Paterson, Richard Coyle, Rachael Stirling.
- Director of photography, Daf Hobson ; editor, Nick Arthurs ; music composed and conducted by Debbie Wiseman.
- Based on the play by William Shakespeare.
A made-for-TV movie originally broadcast by ITV in 2001. Shown in the U.S. on Masterpiece theatre.
Special features: Production notes, cast filographies, scene index.
Sax, Geoffrey. , Director
Pivcevic, Anne. , Producer
Gardner, Julie. , Producer
Davies, Andrew, 1936- , Screenwriter
Walker, Eamonn. , Actor
Eccleston, Christopher. , Actor
Hawes, Keeley, 1977- , Actor
Paterson, Bill, 1945- , Actor
Coyle, Richard. , Actor
Wiseman, Debbie, 1963- , Composer
Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. , Author
London Weekend Television, ltd. , Producer
ITV (Firm) , Producer
Masterpiece theatre (Television program)
WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.) , Producer
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. , Producer
Acorn Media (Firm) , Distributor
- Related Work:
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616., Author Othello.
- Publisher no.:
AMP-8522 Acorn Media