This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Other title:
- Title on cassette label and container: Afghanistan : state of the Taliban
State of the Taliban
- Morris Plains, NJ : Lucerne Media [distributor], 
1 videocassette (50 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
Taliban -- History.
Taliban -- Afghanistan -- History.
Islam and politics -- Afghanistan.
Islamic fundamentalism -- Afghanistan.
Human rights -- Afghanistan.
Women -- Afghanistan -- Social conditions.
Children -- Afghanistan -- Social conditions.
Afghans -- Interviews.
Refugees -- Pakistan.
Afghanistan -- Politics and government -- 1989-2001.
Afghanistan -- History -- 1989-2001.
- Documentary films.
- English narration; spoken Pushto with English voice-overs.
- System details:
- : VHS.
- This documentary traces the history of the Taliban from its rise to power in 1994 to its dominance over the Afghan population. Through interviews with Afghan civilians and refugees this program examines the ideology and objectives of this militant Islamic organization and the tactics they use that often violate human rights and are contrary to the beliefs of many who follow the Islamic religion.
- Exec. producer, Mark Stucke ; director, Keely Purdue ; editor, Sam Bailey.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
Stucke, Mark. , Producer
Purdue, Keely. , Director
Journeyman Pictures (Firm) , Producer
Lucerne Media. , Distributor
Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Web link:
The Rosengarten Family Fund Home Page