This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Beverly Hills, Calif. : 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, c2004.
- Studio classic ; 17.
20th Century Fox studio classics ; 17
1 videodisc (129 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Migrant agricultural laborers -- California -- Drama.
Rural families -- Oklahoma -- Drama.
Depression -- West (U.S.) -- Drama.
Labor camps -- California -- Drama.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- English and Spanish soundtracks; subtitles in French and Spanish.
Closed-captioned in English for the hearing impaired.
- System details:
- : DVD; stereo.
- The migration of the Joad family to California from their dust-bowl farm in Oklahoma during the Great Depression.
- Henry Fonda, Jane Darwell, John Carradine, Charley Grapewine.
- Director of photography, Gregg Toland; film editor, Robert Simpson; musical director, Lionel Newman.
- Based on The Grapes of wrath / by John Steinbeck.
Full frame aspect ratio.
Videodisc release of the 1940 motion picture produced in 1940.
Special features: commentary by scholars Joseph McBride and Susan Shillinglaw; prologue of U.K. release; "Darry F. Zanuck : 20th century filmmaker," as seen on A&E's Biography; "Fox Movietone News" - 3 drought reports from 1934; outtakes; still gallery; "Roosevelt lauds motion pictures at Academy fete" featurette; restoration comparison.
- Ford, John, 1894-1973. , Director
Zanuck, Darryl Francis, 1902-1979. ,
Johnson, Nunnally. , Screenwriter
Fonda, Henry, 1905-1982. , Actor
Darwell, Jane, 1880-1967. , Actor
Carradine, John. , Actor
Grapewin, Charles, 1869-1956. , Actor
Steinbeck, John, 1902-1968. , Author
Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation. , Producer
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc. , Distributor
- Related Work:
- Steinbeck, John, 1902-1968., Author Grapes of wrath.
- Publisher no.:
Virtual Shelf Browse
Penn Libraries' physical holdings in call-number order