Access, holdings & availability
- Other title:
- Eleven lessons from the life of Robert S. McNamara
11 lessons from the life of Robert S. McNamara
- Anamorphic widescreen.
- Culver City, CA : Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment, c2004.
1 videodisc (ca. 107 min.) : sd., col. and b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- McNamara, Robert S., 1916-2009
McNamara, Robert S., 1916-2009 -- Interviews.
United States -- History -- 1945-
United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century.
- Documentary films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- English language track with optional subtitles in French, Portuguese, Spanish or Japanese.
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System details:
- : DVD - NTSC; Dolby Digital 5.1; Region 1.
- The story of America as seen through the eyes of the former Secretary of Defense, under President Kennedy and President Johnson, Robert S. McNamara. McNamara was one of the most controversial and influential political figures of the 20th century. Now, he offers a candid and intimate journey through some of the most seminal events in contemporary American history. He offers new and often surprising insights into the 1945 bombing of Tokyo, the Cuban Missile Crisis, and the effects of the Vietnam War.
- Directors of photography, Peter Donahue, Bob Chappell ; editors, Karen Schmeer, Doug Abel, Chyld King ; original music, Philip Glass.
- Aspect ratio 1.78:1.
Originally released as a documentary in 2003.
Special features: includes 24 additional scenes; Robert S. McNamara's 10 lessons from his life in politics; TV spots; previews.
- Morris, Errol. , Producer, Director
Williams, Michael. , Producer
Ahlberg, Julie Bilson. , Producer
McNamara, Robert S., 1916-2009
Glass, Philip. , Composer
@Radical.media (Firm) , Producer
Globe Department Store (Firm) , Producer
SenArt Films (Firm) , Producer
Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
Sony Pictures Classics (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher no.:
01916 Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment