This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Special ed. ; widescreen format.
- Santa Monica, CA : Carlton International Media : Artisan Home Entertainment, c2003.
1 videodisc (105 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet ( p. ; 19 cm.)
- Thompson, Ernest, 1949- -- Film adaptations.
Aging -- Drama.
Older people -- Drama.
Intergenerational relations -- Drama.
Fathers and daughters -- Drama.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- System details:
- : DVD -NTSC; Dolby digital 5.1; Region 1.
- Shows the conflicts between three generations as the Thayers, a crotchety old professor and his wife, spend their summer together on a lake in New England. The couple agrees to mind their estranged daughter's boyfriend's child, while daughter and boyfriend go on a trip. The boy bonds with the old man in a way his daughter never did. Shows the terrors and graces of aging.
- Katharine Hepburn, Henry Fonda, Jane Fonda, Doug McKeon, Dabney Coleman, William Lanteau, Christopher Rydell, Troy Garity.
- Director of photography, Billy Williams ; editor, Robert L. Wolfe ; music, David Grusin.
- Based on the play by Ernest Thompson.
Aspect ratio 1.85:1.
DVD release of the 1981 motion picture.
Special features: documentary, Reflections on Golden Pond a trbute to the work of cinematographer Billy Williams; commentary Track with writer Ernest Thompson, the writer of the Broadway play; Katherine Hepburn tribute documentary.
- Rydell, Mark, 1934- , Director
Gilbert, Bruce, 1947- , Producer
Thompson, Ernest, 1949- , Screenwriter
Hepburn, Katharine, 1907-2003 , Actor
Fonda, Henry, 1905-1982. , Actor
Fonda, Jane, 1937- , Actor
Grusin, Dave. , Composer
Thompson, Ernest, 1949- , Author
Lord Grade (Firm) , Producer
ITC Films (Firm) , Producer
IPC Films (Firm) , Producer
Carlton International Media Limited. , Distributor
Artisan Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
- Related Work:
- Thompson, Ernest, 1949-, Author On Golden Pond.
- Publisher no.:
14781 Artisan Home Entertainment
Virtual Shelf Browse
Penn Libraries' physical holdings in call-number order