Access, holdings & availability
- Other title:
- 10 days in Prague
Ten days in Prague
- New York, NY : Cinema Guild, 1995.
1 videocassette (30 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
- Havel, Václav -- Interviews.
Havel, Václav -- Political and social views.
Dissenters -- Czechoslovakia -- Interviews.
Actors -- Czechoslovakia -- Interviews.
Dramatists, Czech -- 20th century -- Interviews.
Art -- Political aspects -- Czechoslovakia.
Theater -- Political aspects -- Czechoslovakia.
Czechoslovakia -- Politics and government -- 1968-1989.
Czechoslovakia -- Politics and government -- 1989-1992.
Czechoslovakia -- Intellectual life -- 20th century.
- Documentary films.
- In English and Czech with English voiceovers.
- System details:
- : VHS - NTSC.
- In November, 1989 a group of artists in Prague successfully spearheaded the overthrow of the communist regime in Czechoslovakia in the nonviolent "velvet revolution" ... a revolution fought through images, words and spirit. This film is the inside story of that rebellion as told through interviews with the activists and citizens of Prague.
- Narrator, Rod Steiger.
Eda Kriseova (novelist), Jan Foll (film critic), Jan Kacer (actor), Vaclav Havel (playwright), Jan Urban (Civic Forum), Tomas Ruller (performance artist), Vladimir Hanzel (jazz critic), Jan Wiener (historian), Willem Precan (historian), Ivan Gabal (Civic Forum), Timothy Garton Ash (journalist).
- Co-producers, Arie Caspi, Julie Teipel ; exec. producer, William Stuart.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Moore, Daniel Sargent. , Producer, Director, Screenwriter
Steiger, Rod, 1925-2002. ,
Kriseová, Eda, 1940-
Kačer, Jan, 1936-
Garton Ash, Timothy.
Eight Winds Productions. , Producer
Aurora Productions. , Producer
PoPcorn Pictures. , Producer
Cinema Guild. , Distributor
Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Web link:
- The Rosengarten Family Fund Home Page