This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Other title:
- Tchaikovsky's 4th symphony [videorecording]
- San Francisco, Calif. : San Francisco Symphony, c2004.
- Keeping score.
Keeping score : MTT on music
1 videodisc : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilich, 1840-1893.
Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilich, 1840-1893. Symphonies. -- no. 4, op. 36, -- F minor.
Symphonies -- Analysis, appreciation.
Symphony orchestras -- United States.
Musicians -- United States -- Interviews.
- Documentary films.
- Documentary in English, with optional Chinese, French, German, Italian, and Spanish subtitles.
- System details:
- : DVD; one sound track with Dolby digital stereo., the other with Dolby digital 5.1 surround (live performance only); NTSC; region 1.
- The documentary is hosted by the San Francisco Symphony's music director Michael Tilson Thomas, who discusses the drama, pathos, elation, and despair embodied in Tchaikovsky's 4th Symphony; the documentary features interviews with musicians as it takes the viewer behind the scenes to experience the preparation that goes into a performance of the piece. Also includes a live performance of the complete Tchaikovsky 4th by the San Francisco Symphony, with Thomas conducting.
- The making of a performance: Tchaikovsky's 4th Symphony (56 min.)
Live performance of Tchaikovsky's 4th Symphony / director, Gary Halvorson ; producer, Michael Bronson (49 min.)
- Host/presenter: Michael Tilson Thomas.
San Francisco Symphony ; Michael Tilson Thomas, conductor.
- The documentary produced and directed by David Kennard, Joan Saffa; edited by Blair Gershkow; director of photography, Michael Anderson; sound, Dan Gleich; executive producer, Janette Gitler. For the performance for television: director, Gary Halvorsen; producer, Michael Bronson; audio director, Jack Vad; lighting, Greg Brunton, Owen Younger; editor, Gary Bradley; video, William Steinberg, Skip Long;
- InCA Productions; SFS Media (documentary). SFS Media in association with KQED Public Television, San Francisco (performance).
The symphony recorded in performance at Davies Symphony Hall, San Francisco, California.
The documentary c2002. The symphony performance originally produced for the PBS television program Great Performances, copyrighted 2004; presented in widescreen format.
Bonus material includes a narrated slideshow about Tchaikovsky and the 4th symphony, a short film about the San Francisco Symphony, and a biography of Michael Tilson Thomas.
- Thomas, Michael Tilson, 1944- , Conductor, Narrator, Author, Conceptor
Kennard, David. , Director, Production personnel
Saffa, Joan. , Director, Production personnel
Halvorson, Gary (Gary A.) , Director
Bronson, Michael. , Production personnel
Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilich, 1840-1893. , Composer
San Francisco Symphony Orchestra. , Performer, Producer
SFS Media (Firm) , Producer, Distributor
Independent Communications Associates. , Producer
KQED-TV (Television station : San Francisco, Calif.) , Producer
- Related Work:
- Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilich, 1840-1893., Composer Symphonies. no. 4, op. 36, F minor.
- Great performances (WNET (Television station : New York, N.Y.))
- Publisher no.: