Access, holdings & availability
- Other title:
- Spider man two
- Widescreen special ed.
- Culver City, Calif. : Columbia Pictures, c2004.
2 videodiscs (ca. 128 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Spider-Man (Fictitious character) -- Drama.
Crime prevention -- Citizen participation -- Drama.
College students -- Conduct of life -- Drama.
- Action and adventure films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- English (5.1 surround or surround), French (5.1 surround) or Spanish (surround) soundtracks; optional English, French or Spanish
- System details:
- : DVD ; Region 1 ; NTSC ; Dolby digital.
- Peter Parker, a.k.a. Spider-Man, is desperately trying to balance his dual identities. He can't keep up at college, pay his rent, or seem to make amends with his estranged best friend Harry and his beloved Mary Jane is more skeptical than ever. Peter begins to notice that he's losing some of his powers and wonders if the cost of being a superhero isn't too high. Meanwhile Peter's idol, the renowned scientist Otto Octavius, has turned into a maniacal cyborg after a failed science experiment. Peter realizes he must decide between the ordinary life he so desires and the responsibilities of retaining his secret identity to stop "Doc Ock" and save New York City from destruction.
- Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, Alfred Molina, Rosemary Harris, J.K. Simmons, Donna Murphy.
- Director of photography, Bill Pope ; editor, Bob Murawski ; music, Danny Elfman.
- Based on the Marvel comic book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko.
DVD release of the 2004 motion picture.
Aspect ratio 2.40:1.
Special features include: Disc one: Commentary with director Sam Raimi, Tobey Maguire, producer Avi Arad and co-producer Grant Curtis; technical commentary; blooper reel; Spidey sense 2 (trivia track with "pop-up" facts and trivia); four web-i-sodes (featurettes); Ordinary (music video by Train); previews. Disc two: Making the Amazing (12-part documentary); Hero in crisis (looks at Peter Parker and his personal battles); Eight arms to hold you (documentary about Doc Ock); Interwoven : the women of Spider-Man (a look into the lives of Mary Jane, Aunt May and the other women in Peter Parker's life); Enter the web (multi-angle look behind-the-scenes at the climactic Pier sequence captured in real-time); art gallery; Activision's Spider-Man 2 : spinning the game; weblinks.
- Raimi, Sam. , Director
Sargent, Alvin. , Screenwriter
Ziskin, Laura. , Producer
Arad, Avi. , Producer
Maguire, Tobey, 1975- , Actor
Dunst, Kirsten, 1982- , Actor
Franco, James, 1978- , Actor
Molina, Alfred, 1953- , Actor
Harris, Rosemary, 1930- , Actor
Elfman, Danny. , Composer
Columbia Pictures. , Producer
Marvel Enterprises. , Producer
- Publisher no.:
05149 Columbia Pictures