This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Other title:
- Pride and prejudice [videorecording]
- Universal City, CA : Universal Studios Home Entertainment, .
- Focus Features spotlight series
1 videodisc (129 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Austen, Jane, 1775-1817 -- Film adaptations.
Bennet, Elizabeth (Fictitious character).
Social classes -- Drama.
Young women -- Drama.
Courtship -- Drama.
Sisters -- Drama.
England -- Drama.
- Film adaptations.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- English, dubbed French or dubbed Spanish dialogue, English, French or Spanish subtitles.
- System details:
- : DVD; Region 1; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround.
- Mr. Bennet is an English gentleman living in Hartfordshire with his overbearing wife and 5 daughters. There is the beautiful Jane, the clever Elizabeth, the bookish Mary, the immature Kitty and the wild Lydia. Unfortunately, if Mr. Bennet dies their house will be inherited by a distant cousin whom they have never met. The family's future happiness and security is dependent on the daughters making good marriages. Life is uneventful until the arrival in the neighbourhood of the rich gentleman Mr. Bingley, who rents a large house so he can spend the summer in the country. Mr Bingley brings with him his sister and the dashing, rich, but proud Mr. Darcy. Love soon buds for one of the Bennet sisters, while another sister may have jumped to a hasty prejudgment. For the Bennet sisters many trials and tribulations stand between them and their happiness.
- Keira Knightley, Matthew Macfadyen, Brenda Blethyn, Donald Sutherland, Tom Hollander, Rosamund Pike, Jena Malone, Judi Dench.
- Director of photography, Roman Osin ; art directors, Nick Gottschalk, Mark Swain ; editor, Paul Tothill ; music, Dario Marianelli ; costume designer, Jacqueline Durran ; production designer, Sarah Greenwood.
- Based on the novel by Jane Austen.
DVD release of the 2005 motion picture.
Aspect ratio 2.35:1.
- Wright, Joe, 1972- , Director
Bevan, Tim. , Producer
Fellner, Eric. , Producer
Webster, Paul. , Producer
Moggach, Deborah. , Screenwriter
Knightley, Keira, 1985- , Actor
Macfadyen, Matthew, 1974- , Actor
Blethyn, Brenda, 1946- , Actor
Sutherland, Donald, 1935- , Actor
Hollander, Tom, 1969- , Actor
Pike, Rosamund, 1979- , Actor
Malone, Jena, 1984- , Actor
Dench, Judi, 1934- , Actor
Marianelli, Dario. , Composer
Austen, Jane, 1775-1817. , Author
Focus Features. , Producer
Studio Canal. , Producer
Working Title Films. , Producer
- Related Work:
- Austen, Jane, 1775-1817., Author Pride and prejudice.
- Publisher no.:
28072 Focus Features
Virtual Shelf Browse
Penn Libraries' physical holdings in call-number order