This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Other title:
- Lion, the witch and the wardrobe [videorecording]
- Special two-disc collector's ed.
- Burbank, CA : Walt Disney Home Entertainment : Distributed by Buena Vista Home Entertainment, 
2 videodiscs (ca. 132 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Lewis, C. S. (Clive Staples), 1898-1963 -- Film adaptations.
Narnia (Imaginary place) -- Drama.
Brothers and sisters -- Drama.
Witches -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- English or dubbed French dialogue, English or French subtitles.
- System details:
- : DVD; Region 1; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, DTS 5.1 surround.
- Lucy Pevenise, along with her older brothers Edmund and Peter, and her older sister, Susan, are in London during the initial bombing raids of WW II. Like many families, their parents decide to send them to the country for safer keeping. Peter, the oldest, is told to watch over the children and make sure they stay safe. This simple request will test Peter's ability to protect his siblings, especially after Lucy discovers an amazing secret. The children decide to play hide-and-seek, and during the game Lucy discovers a mysterious wardrobe. She tucks herself inside and backs to the rear of the cabinet, there she discovers herself in an entirely different world. The place is called Narnia, and it's been locked in winter for over 100 years by someone known as "The White Witch." Lucy rushes back to tell her brothers and sister, but they don't believe her. That is until they all get into the wardrobe one day and find out she's been telling the truth. Soon a prophecy is revealed. It is said that when Aslan returns, two daughters of Eve and two sons of Adam will come back and reclaim the four thrones of Narnia.
- Tilda Swinton, Georgie Henley, Skandar Keynes, William Moseley, Anna Popplewell, James McAvoy, Jim Broadbent, Kiran Shah, James Cosmo, Judy McIntosh, Elizabeth Hawthorne, Patrick Kake.
- Director of photography, Donald M. McAlpine ; music composer, Harry Gregson-Williams ; editor, Sim Evan-Jones ; costume designer, Isis Mussenden ; production designer, Roger Ford.
- Based on the book by C.S. Lewis.
Originally released as a motion picture in 2005.
Special features: Disc 1: Bloopers; discover Narnia fun facts; kids & director commentary; filmmakers' commentary ; Disc 2: "Creating Narnia:" an in-depth look at cinematic storytellers, a director's diary and the children's magical journey with insightful reflections and stories; Discover how the costumes, creatures and special effects were created; "Creatures, lands & legends": meet all the strange creatures that fill Narnia - Minotaurs, Unicorns, Centaurs, Fauns and more; Explore the different landscapes of this far-off land with interactive timeline and 3-D map.
- Adamson, Andrew. , Screenwriter, Director
Peacock, Ann. , Screenwriter
Johnson, Mark. , Producer
Steuer, Philip. , Producer
Henley, Georgie. , Actor
Keynes, Skandar. , Actor
Moseley, William, 1987- , Actor
Popplewell, Anna. , Actor
Swinton, Tilda. , Actor
Gregson-Williams, Harry. , Composer
Lewis, C. S. (Clive Staples), 1898-1963. , Author
Walt Disney Pictures. , Producer
Walden Media. , Producer
Walt Disney Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
Buena Vista Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
- Related Work:
- Lewis, C. S. (Clive Staples), 1898-1963., Author Lion, the witch, and the wardrobe.
- Publisher no.:
50529 Walt Disney Home Entertainment
Virtual Shelf Browse
Penn Libraries' physical holdings in call-number order