This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Recut, extended, unrated.
- [Burbank, CA] : Dimension Home Video : Distributed by Buena Vista Home Entertainment, .
2 videodiscs (ca. 124 min. ; ca. 147 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 graphic novel (198 p. : ill. ; 19 cm.)
- Sin City (Imaginary place) -- Drama.
Violence -- Drama.
Heroes -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Thrillers (Motion pictures)
- Dialogue in English (Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, DTS 5.1 surround) with optional Spanish subtitles and English captions for the hearing impaired.
- System details:
- : DVD ; Region 1 encoding ; NTSC.
- "A collection of interweaving stories all based in the corrupt, crime infested hell-hole that is Basin City. Heavily influenced by film-noir, the main storylines concern a hulking brute called Marv (Mickey Rourke), who is seeking the murderer of a beautiful woman who was killed while asleep in bed with him; an ex-photographer called Dwight (Clive Owen) who accidentally kills a hero cop and has to cover it up; and a soon-to-be-retiring policeman called Hartigan (Bruce Willis) who is incarcerated for a crime he didn't commit"--c.f. Internet Movie Database (viewed June 2, 2006).
- Disc 1: Original theatrical release (ca. 124 min.). Special features
Disc 2: Recut and extended theatrical release separated into four stories (ca. 147 min.). Special features.
- Jessica Alba, Benicio del Toro, Brittany Murphy, Clive Owen, Mickey Rourke, Bruce Willis, Elijah Wood, Devon Aoki, Alexis Bledel, Powers Booth, Rosario Dawson, Michael Clarke Dungan, Carla Gugino, Josh Hartnett, Ruthger Hauer, Jaime King, Michael Madsen, Nick Stahl.
- Cinematographer, Robert Rodriguez ; editor, Robert Rodriguez ; music, John Debney, Graeme Revell, Robert Rodriguez.
- Based on the graphic novels by Frank Miller.
Aspect ratio 1.85:1.
Originally released as a motion picture in 2005.
Includes the graphic novel "Sin City: the hard goodbye" by Frank Miller.
Special features: three commentary soundtracks by Robert Rodriguez & Frank Miller, Robert Rodriguez & Quentin Tarantino, and Austin premiere audience reaction; 15-minute film school with Robert Rodriguez; The movie in high-speed green screen; The long take: 17 uninterrupted minutes of Tarantino's segment; 10-minute cooking school with Robert Rodriguez; bloopers; teaser & theatrical trailers; A hard top with a decent engine: the cars of Sin City; Making the monsters special effects make-up; Trench coats & fishnets: the costumes of Sin City; Booze, broads & guns: the props of Sin City; How it went down: convincing Frank Miller to make the film; Special guest director: Quentin Tarantino; Sin-Chroni-City, interactive game; Sin City in concert: Bruce Willis and the Accelerators.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Elizabeth Bowers Peck, 1929 Endowment Book Fund.
- Rodriguez, Robert (Robert Anthony), 1968- , Director
Miller, Frank, 1957- , Director
Avellán, Elizabeth. , Producer
Tarantino, Quentin. , Director
Alba, Jessica, 1981- , Actor
Toro, Benicio del, 1967- , Actor
Murphy, Brittany. , Actor
Willis, Bruce, 1955- , Actor
Owen, Clive. , Actor
Rourke, Mickey. , Actor
Debney, John. , Composer
Revell, Graeme. , Composer
Rodriguez, Robert. , Composer
Miller, Frank, 1957- , Author
Troublemakers Studios. , Producer
Dimension Films (1990- ) , Producer
Dimension Home Video (Firm) , Distributor
Buena Vista Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
Elizabeth Bowers Peck, 1929 Endowment Book Fund.
- Related Work:
- Miller, Frank, 1957-, Author Sin City.
- Publisher no.:
49409 Dimension Home Video
- Web link:
- The Elizabeth Bowers Peck, 1929 Endowment Book Fund Home Page
Virtual Shelf Browse
Penn Libraries' physical holdings in call-number order