This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Beverly Hills, CA : 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, c2006.
1 videodisc (101 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Beauty contests -- California -- Drama.
Beauty contestants -- United States -- Drama.
Problem families -- United States -- Drama.
Parent and child -- United States -- Drama.
Brothers and sisters -- United States -- Drama.
Grandparent and child -- United States -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English or dubbed Spanish dialogue, with optional English, French, or Spanish subtitles.
- System details:
- : DVD ; Region 1 ; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, Dolby surround.
- Olive is a little girl who dreams of winning the Little Miss Sunshine contest. Her family wants her dream to come true, but they are so dysfunctional that they can barely make it through a day without some disaster befalling them. Olive's father, Richard, is unsuccessful as a motivational speaker. He is barely on speaking terms with Olive's mother. Her uncle Frank has attempted suicide following an unsuccessful romance with a male graduate student. Her brother Dwayne, a fanatical follower of Nietzsche, has taken a vow of silence. And Olive's grandfather is a loser with a drug habit, but at least he enthusiastically coaches Olive in her contest talent routine. Circumstances conspire to put the entire family on the road together with the goal of getting Olive to the Little Miss Sunshine contest in California.
- Abigail Breslin, Greg Kinnear, Paul Dano, Alan Arkin, Toni Collette, Steve Carell, Bryan Cranston.
- Director of photography, Tim Suhrstedt ; editor, Pamela Martin ; music, Mychael Danna, Devotchka ; costume designer, Nancy Steiner ; production designer, Kalina Ivanov.
- Originally released in 2006 as a motion picture.
Full screen (side A) and widescreen (side B) versions.
Aspect ratios: side A 1.33:1; side B 2.35:1.
Special features: Side A: audio commentary with directors Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris and writer Michael Arndt ; 4 alternate endings with optional commentary by directors Jonathan Dayton & Valerie Faris ; "Till the end of time" performed by DeVotchka ; trailers -- Side B: audio commentary with directors Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris and writer Michael Arndt ; 4 alternate endings with optional commentary by directors Jonathan Dayton & Valerie Faris ; "Till the end of time" performed by DeVotchka ; forced trailer combo.
- Dayton, Jonathan. , Director
Faris, Valerie. , Director
Arndt, Michael D. , Screenwriter
Berger, Albert. , Producer
Friendly, David T. , Producer
Saraf, Peter. , Producer
Turtletaub, Marc. , Producer
Yerxa, Ron. , Producer
Breslin, Abigail, 1996- , Actor
Kinnear, Greg, 1963- , Actor
Dano, Paul, 1984- , Actor
Arkin, Alan. , Actor
Collette, Toni. , Actor
Carell, Steve, 1963- , Actor
Cranston, Bryan, 1956- , Actor
Danna, Mychael. , Composer
DeVotchKa (Musical group) , Composer
Fox Searchlight Pictures. , Producer
Big Beach Films (Firm) , Producer
Third Gear Productions (Firm) , Producer
Deep River Productions (Firm) , Producer
Bona Fide Productions. , Producer
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc. , Distributor
- Publisher no.:
2240331 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
2240335 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
2240337 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
Virtual Shelf Browse
Penn Libraries' physical holdings in call-number order