This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Burbank, CA : Touchstone Home Entertainment : distributed by Buena Vista Home Entertainment, , c2006.
1 videodisc (138 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Mayas -- Drama.
Kings and rulers, Ancient -- Drama.
Human sacrifice -- Drama.
Temples -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
- Ethnic films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Mayan language track, with optional English, French, or Spanish subtitles.
- System details:
- : DVD ; Region 1 ; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, DTS 5.1 surround.
- As the Mayan kingdom faces its decline, the rulers insist the key to prosperity is to build more temples and offer human sacrifices. Jaguar Paw is a young man who is captured for sacrifice, but flees to avoid his fate. He is taken on a perilous journey to a world that is ruled by fear and oppression, where a harrowing end awaits him. Through a twist of fate and spurred by the power of his love for his woman and his family he will make a desperate break to return home and to ultimately save his way of life.
- Rudy Youngblood, Dalia Hernandez, Jonathan Brewer, Morris Birdyellowhead, Carlos Emilio Baez, Ramirez Amilcar, Israel Contreras, Israel Rios, María Isabel Díaz, Espiridion Acosta Cache, Mayra Serbulo, Iazua Larios, Lorena Hernández, Itandehui Gutierrez, Sayuri Gutierrez.
- Director of photography, Dean Semler ; editor, John Wright ; music, James Horner ; costume designer, Mayes C. Bubeo ; production designer, Tom Sanders ; hair and make-up designer, Aldo Signoretti.
- DVD release of the 2006 motion picture.
Aspect ratio 1.85:1.
Special features: "Becoming Mayan: making 'Apocalypto'" ; deleted scene with optional commentary by director Mel Gibson and co-writer Farhad Safinia ; feature commentary by director Mel Gibson and co-writer Farhad Safinia.
- Gibson, Mel. , Director, Screenwriter, Producer
Davey, Bruce. , Producer
Safina, Farhad. , Screenwriter
Youngblood, Rudy. , Actor
Hernandez, Dalia. , Actor
Brewer, Jonathan. , Actor
Birdyellowhead, Morris. , Actor
Horner, James. , Composer
Touchstone Pictures. , Producer
Icon Productions. , Producer
Touchstone Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
Buena Vista Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher no.:
50646 Touchstone Home Entertainment
Virtual Shelf Browse
Penn Libraries' physical holdings in call-number order