This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Special ed. ; widescreen.
- Santa Monica, CA : MGM Home Entertainment, c2001.
1 videodisc (98 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
Goldman, William, 1931- -- Film adaptations.
Princesses -- Drama.
Love -- Drama.
Action and adventure films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English and Spanish with optional English, French or Spanish subtitles.
- System details:
- : DVD; Dolby digital 5.1 surround, mono; Region 1.
- A kindly grandfather sits down with his grandson and reads him a bedtime story. As the grandfather reads the story, the action comes alive in a classic tale of love and adventure. The beautiful Buttercup is kidnapped and held against her will in order to marry the nasty Prince Humperdinck, while Westley (her childhood beau, now returned as the Dread Pirate Roberts) attempts to save her. Along the way he meets an accomplished swordsman and a giant, both of whom become his companions in his quest.
- Cary Elwes, Mandy Patinkin, Chris Sarandon, Christopher Guest, Wallace Shawn, André the Giant, Fred Savage, Robin Wright, Peter Falk, Carol Kane, Billy Crystal.
- Cinematographer, Adrian Biddle; editor, Robert Leighton; music, Mark Knopfler.
- Based on the novel by William Goldman.
Aspect ratio 1.85:1.
Originally produced as a motion picture in 1987.
Special features: "As you wish" documentary featuring new interviews with Cary Elwes, Robin Wright Penn, Billy Crystal, Mandy Patinkin and more; new audio commentary by director Rob Reiner; new audio commentary by author William Goldman; footage shot by Cary Elwes during the making of the movie; 2 original featurettes.
Reiner, Rob. , Director, Producer
Scheinman, Andrew. , Producer
Elwes, Cary, 1962- , Actor
Patinkin, Mandy. , Actor
Guest, Christopher. , Actor
Shawn, Wallace. , Actor
Andre, the Giant, 1946-1993. , Actor
Wright, Robin, 1966- , Actor
Crystal, Billy. , Actor
Knopfler, Mark. , Composer
Goldman, William, 1931- , Author
Act III Communications. , Producer
MGM Home Entertainment Inc. , Distributor
- Related Work:
- Goldman, William, 1931-, Author Princess bride.
- Publisher no.:
DVD 1002362 MGM Home Entertainment
Virtual Shelf Browse
Penn Libraries' physical holdings in call-number order