This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Special ed.; Anamorphic widescreen.
- [United States] : Pioneer Entertainment (USA) Inc., 2001.
2 videodiscs (124 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Motorcyclists -- Japan -- Tokyo -- Drama.
Twenty-first century -- Drama.
Tokyo (Japan) -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Science fiction films.
Motion pictures, Japanese.
- English (5.1 surround) or Japanese (2.0 surround) language soundtracks with optional subtitles in English.
- System details:
- : DVD, Region 1.
- A powerful psychic force known only as Akira resurfaces in Neo-Tokyo in the 21st century. Tetsuo, a young, inexperienced motorcycle biker driven beyond the boundaries of sanity by the power of Akira, is forced to conjure up demons laying dormant within his subconscious.
- Iwata Mitsuo, Sasaki Nozomu, Koyama Mami.
[English voiceover] Johnny Yong Bosch, Joshua Seth, Wendee Lee.
- Music, Yamashiro Shōji ; [Digitally remastered and English version. 2001] Producers, Tsukamoto Hiroe, Maseba Yutaka, Kanesaku Haruo ; director, Kevin Seymour ; screenplay & supervision, Kevin Seymour, Heidi Wilbur.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1987 ; Digitally remastered and English version released in 2001.
Based on the graphic novel by Ōtomo Katsuhiro, first published by "Young Magazine," Kodansha Ltd.
Aspect ratio 1.78:1.
Special features (dicc 2): capsule option (English translation of graffiti) ; Akira production report ; interview with Katsuhiro Otomo ; stills of production materials and Akira glossary ; interviews with restoration staff ; original teasers and trailers.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the John G. Hartman Memorial Library Fund.
Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Isaac Norris Library Fund.
- Ōtomo, Katsuhiro, 1954- , Screenwriter, Director, Screenwriter
Seymour, Kevin. , Director
Suzuki, Ryōhei. , Producer
Katō, Shunzō. , Producer
Hashimoto, Izō. , Screenwriter
Iwata, Mitsuo, 1967- , Actor
Sasaki, Nozumu, 1967- , Actor
Koyami, Mami, 1955- , Actor
Yamashiro, Shoji. , Screenwriter
Pioneer Entertainment (USA) , Distributor
Isaac Norris Library Fund.
John G. Hartman Memorial Library Fund.
- Publisher no.:
- 11568 Pioneer Entertainment (USA) Inc.
- Web link:
- The Isaac Norris Library Fund Home Page
The John G. Hartman Memorial Library Fund Home Page
Virtual Shelf Browse
Penn Libraries' physical holdings in call-number order