This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Other title:
- Golden Age [videorecording]
- Anamorphic widescreen presentation.
- Universal City, CA : Universal Pictures Company : Distributed by Universal Studios Home Entertainment, c2008, c2007.
1 videodisc (115 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
Elizabeth I, Queen of England, 1533-1603 -- Drama.
Raleigh, Walter, Sir, 1552?-1618 -- Drama.
Walsingham, Francis, Sir, 1530?-1590 -- Drama.
Philip II, King of Spain, 1527-1598 -- Drama.
Spain. Armada -- Drama.
Kings and rulers -- Drama.
Queens -- Drama.
Armada, 1588 -- Drama.
England -- Drama.
Great Britain -- History -- Elizabeth, 1558-1603 -- Drama.
Spain -- History -- Philip II, 1556-1598 -- Drama.
Motion pictures, British.
Motion pictures, French.
Motion pictures, German.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English, French, or Spanish; subtitles in French or Spanish.
Closed-captioned in English; optional English SDH.
- System details:
- : DVD; Region 1, NTSC; Dolby Digital 5.1.
- 1585: Philip II's Catholic Spain is the most powerful empire in the world. Only England, ruled by Protestant Elizabeth, stands against him. The Queen is threatened by a depleted treasury, constant threats of assassination, and plots by Philip to install her cousin, Queen Mary of Scotland, on her throne. To which end a great armada is poised to invade England--as punishment for the capture of his treasure-ships, and to make Europe safe for Catholicism--even as Elizabeth's attention is diverted to Sir Walter Raleigh, returned from the New World with two gifts: the territory of Virginia and tobacco. Facing her greatest challenge, Elizabeth must rally her country to safeguard her kingdom, destroy her enemies, and secure her position as "Mother to her people."
- Religious loyalties
Heir to the throne
In the Queen's favor
Lying in wait
Enterprise of England
No time for mercy
Holy war declared
Prepare for the worst
In the midst of battle
Defeat of the Armada
Mother to her people
- Cate Blanchett, Geoffrey Rush, Clive Owen, Rhys Ifans, Jordi Molla, Abbie Cornish, Samantha Morton.
- Director of photography, Remi Adefarasin ; editor, Jill Bilcock ; music by Craig Armstrong and Ar Rahman ; production designer, Guy Hendrix Dyas ; costume designer, Alexandra Byrne ; make-up and hair designer, Jenny Shircore.
- Aspect ratio 1.85:1.
Originally produced as a motion picture in 2007.
Special features: Deleted scenes (9 min.); The reign continues: Making "Elizabeth: the golden age" [featurette] (12 min.); Inside Elizabeth's world [featurette] (8 min.); Commanding the winds: Creating the Armada [featurette] (12 min.); Towers, courts and cathedrals [featurette] (11 min.); Feature commentary with director Shekhar Kapur [audio feature].
Kapur, Shekhar, 1945- , Director
Bevan, Tim. , Producer
Fellner, Eric. , Producer
Cavendish, Jonathan. , Producer
Nicholson, William. , Screenwriter
Hirst, Michael, 1952- , Screenwriter
Blanchett, Cate, 1969- , Actor
Rush, Geoffrey, 1951- , Actor
Owen, Clive. , Actor
Mollá, Jordi. , Actor
Ifans, Rhys. , Actor
Cornish, Abbie, 1982- , Actor
Morton, Samantha. , Actor
Armstrong, Craig. , Composer
Rahman, A. R. , Composer
Universal Pictures (Firm) , Producer
Studio Canal. , Producer
Motion Picture Zeta Produktions Gesellschaft (Firm) , Producer
Working Title Films. , Producer
Universal Studios Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher no.:
61033332 Universal Studios Home Entertainment