Access, holdings & availability
- Anamorphic widescreen.
- Culver City, Calif. : Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment, c2008.
1 videodisc (ca. 122 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
Hellboy (Fictitious character : Mignola) -- Drama.
Parapsychology -- Drama.
Empathy -- Drama.
Science fiction films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- English or dubbed French dialogue, French or English subtitles.
- System details:
- : DVD, Region 1 ; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, DTS, SDDS.
- In the 1940s, the Third Reich has joined forces with the evil Grigori Rasputin, who has used his occult powers to summon up a demon from the depths of Hell. However, the demonic creature is captured by American forces, and put in the care of Professor Broom. Under Broom's care, Hellboy develops the desire to do good. Sixty years later he takes action as part of an elite secret defense team alongside Liz Sherman, and Abe Sapian, an aquatic humanoid with the power of telepathy. Hellboy finds himself facing the powerful Rasputin determined to bring the demon back to the forces of darkness.
- Ron Perlman, Selma Blair, Jeffrey Tambor, Karel Roden, Rupert Evans, Brian Steele, Doug Jones, John Hurt.
- Director of photography, Guillermo Navarro ; editor, Peter Amundson ; music, Marco Beltrami.
- Based on the Dark Horse comic created by Mike Mignola.
Aspect ratio 1.85:1.
Special features: Branching DVD comics drawn by Mike Mignola; Right hand of doom set visits; storyboards track ; Cast audio commentary with Ron Perlman, Selma Blair, Rupert Evans and Jeffrey Tambor; Creator audio commentary with director Guillermo del Toro and co-executive producer Mike Mignola; DVD-Rom: director's notebook, printable original screenplay, script supervisor's book.
Toro, Guillermo del, 1964- , Director, Screenwriter
Gordon, Lawrence. , Producer
Levin, Lloyd. , Producer
Richardson, Mike. , Producer
Perlman, Ron, 1950- , Actor
Blair, Selma, 1972- , Actor
Tambor, Jeffrey, 1944- , Actor
Roden, Karel, 1962- , Actor
Evans, Rupert. , Actor
Steele, Brian. , Actor
Jones, Doug, 1960- , Actor
Hurt, John, 1940- , Actor
Navarro, Guillermo. , Cinematographer
Amundson, Peter. , Editor
Beltrami, Marco. , Composer
Mignola, Michael. , Creator
Revolution Studios. , Producer
Dark Horse Entertainment (Firm) , Producer
Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher no.:
27261 Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment