This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Beverly Hills, CA : 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, c2009.
1 videodisc (121 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Swarup, Vikas -- Film adaptations.
Orphans -- India -- Bombay -- Drama.
Television quiz shows -- India -- Bombay -- Drama.
Suspicion -- India -- Bombay -- Drama.
Police -- India -- Bombay -- Drama.
Brothers -- India -- Bombay -- Drama.
Motion pictures, British.
- Feature films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English and Hindi with English subtitles or dubbed French; with optional English, French or Spanish subtitles.
- System details:
- : DVD; region 1, NTSC; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, Dolby Digital surround; dual layer.
- Jamal Malik is an 18 year-old orphan from the slums of Mumbai. With the whole nation watching, he is just one question away from winning a staggering 20 million rupees on India's version of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" When the show breaks for the night, police arrest him on suspicion of cheating. Desperate to prove his innocence, Jamal tells the story of his life in the slum where he and his brother grew up. He describes their adventures together on the road, of vicious encounters with local gangs, and of Latika, the girl he loved and lost. Every chapter of his story reveals the key to the answer to one of the game show's questions. Jamal's increasingly layered story reveals where he learned the answers to the show's seemingly impossible questions. When the new day dawns and Jamal returns to answer the final question, the Inspector and sixty million viewers watch to find out if he can answer the question of how anyone comes to know the things they know about life and love.
- Dev Patel, Tanay Hemant Chheda, Ayush Mahesh Khedekar, Freida Pinto, Tanvi Ganesh Lonkar, Rubiana Ali, Madhur Mittal, Ashutosh Lobo Gajiwala, Azharuddin Mohammed Ismail, Anil Kapoor, Irrfan Khan, Saurabh Shukla, Raj Zutshi, Jeneva Talwar.
- Director of photography, Anthony Dod Mantle ; editor, Chris Dickens ; music composed and produced by A.R. Rahman.
- Based on the novel: "Q & A" by Vikas Swarup.
Aspect ratio 2.35:1.
Originally released as a motion picture in 2008.
Special features: Commentary by director Danny Boyle and actor Dev Patel; commentary by producer Christian Colson and writer Simon Beaufoy; 12 deleted scenes; "Slumdog dreams: Danny Boyle & the making of Slumdog millionaire" featurette; "Slumdog cutdown" featurette.
- Boyle, Danny. , Director
Tandan, Loveleen. , Director
Colson, Christian. , Producer
Beaufoy, Simon. , Screenwriter
Patel, Dev, 1990- , Actor
Chheda, Tanay Hemant. , Actor
Khedekar, Ayush Mahesh. , Actor
Pinto, Freida, 1984- , Actor
Lonkar, Tanvi Ganesh. , Actor
Ali, Rubiana. , Actor
Mittal, Madhur. , Actor
Gajiwala, Ashutosh Lobo. , Actor
Ismail, Azharuddin Mohammed. , Actor
Kapoor, Anil, 1959- , Actor
Khan, Irrfan, 1962- , Actor
Shukla, Saurabh. , Actor
Zutshi, Raj. , Actor
Talwar, Jeneva. , Actor
Mantle, Anthony Dod, 1955- , Cinematographer
Dickens, Chris. , Editor
Rahman, A. R. , Composer
Swarup, Vikas. , Author
Fox Searchlight Pictures. , Producer
Warner Bros. Pictures (1969- ) , Producer
Celador Films. , Producer
FilmFour (Firm) , Producer
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc. , Distributor
- Related Work:
- Swarup, Vikas., Author Q & A.
- Publisher no.:
2257443 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
2257441 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment