This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Other title:
- Title in Spanish: Presunto culpable [videorecording]
- Brooklyn, N.Y. : Icarus Films, c2009.
1 videodisc (88 minutes) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
Criminal justice, Administration of -- Mexico.
Guilt (Law) -- Mexico.
Motion, pictures, Spanish.
- In Spanish with English subtitles.
- System details:
- : DVD-R, NTSC.
- "In December 2005 Toño Zuniga was picked up off the street in Mexico City, Mexico, and sentenced to 20 years for a murder he knew nothing about. A friend of Toño's contacted two young lawyers, Roberto Hernández and Layda Negrete, who gained prominence in Mexico when they helped bring about the release of another innocent man from prison. Looking into Toño's case, Roberto and Layda managed to get a retrial--on camera--and enlisted the help of filmmaker Geoffrey Smith (THE ENGLISH SURGEON) to chronicle the saga. Shot over three years with unprecedented access to the Mexican courts and prisons, this dramatic story is a searing indictment of a justice system that presumes guilt."--container.
- Antonio Zúñiga, Eva Gutiérrez, Rafaél Heredia.
- Produced by Layda Negrete, Roberto Hernández, Martha Sosa, Yissel Ibarra ; editing by Felipe Gómez, Roberto Hernández ; music, Camilo Froideval y Raul Vizzi.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 2009.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Louis A. Duhring Fund.
Smith, Geoffrey. , Director
Hernández, Roberto (Hernández Ruiz) , Producer, Director
Negrete, Layda. , Producer
Froideval, Camilo. , Composer
Vizzi, Raul. , Composer
Fondo para la Producción Cinematográfica de Calidad. , Producer
Icarus Films. , Distributor
Louis A. Duhring Fund.
- Web link:
The Louis A. Duhring Fund Home Page
Virtual Shelf Browse
Penn Libraries' physical holdings in call-number order