Access, holdings & availability
- Standardized title:
- Blade runner (Motion picture : Final cut)
- Four-disc collector's ed.; Widescreen version.
- Burbank, CA : Distributed by Warner Home Video, 
4 videodiscs (117 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Dick, Philip K. -- Film adaptations.
Los Angeles (Calif.). Police Dept -- Drama.
Police -- California -- Los Angeles -- Drama.
Genetic engineering -- Drama.
Androids -- California -- Los Angeles -- Drama.
Cyborgs -- California -- Los Angeles -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- California -- Los Angeles -- Drama.
Dystopias -- Drama.
Los Angeles (Calif.) -- Drama.
- Dystopian films.
Science fiction films.
Thrillers (Motion pictures)
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- English or dubbed French dialogue; optional English SDH, French or Spanish subtitles.
- System details:
- : DVD, NTSC; region 1.
- Los Angeles, 2019: Rick Deckard of the LAPD's Blade Runner unit prowls the steel & microchip jungle of the 21st century. His job is to track down and eliminate assumed humanoids known as 'replicants.' Replicants were declared illegal after a bloody mutiny on an Off-World Colony, and are to be terminated upon detection. He wants to get out of the force, but is drawn back in when 6 "skin jobs," the slang for replicants, hijack a ship back to Earth. The city that Deckard must search for his prey is a huge, sprawling, bleak vision of the future.
- Disc 1. The final cut (2007)
disc 2. Dangerous days : making Blade Runner
disc 3. U.S. theatrical cut (1982) ; International theatrical cut (1982) ; Director's cut (1992)
disc 4. Enhancement archive.
- Harrison Ford, Rutger Hauer, Sean Young, Edward James Olmos, M. Emmet Walsh, Daryl Hannah, William Sanderson, Brion James, Joe Turkel, Joanna Cassidy.
- Director of photography, Jordan Cronenweth ; music, Vangelis ; visual effects, Douglas Trumbull ; final cut restoration producer, Charles de Lauzirika ; final cut restoration editor, Gillian Hutshing.
- "Presented in a 'letterbox' widescreen format preserving the 'scope' aspect ratio of its original theatrical exhibition, enhanced
for widescreen TVs"--Container.
Based on the novel "Do androids dream of electric sheep?" by Philip K. Dick.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1982.
Recorded in Dolby digital surround 5.1 (all movie versions) and Dolby surround stereo (disc 3 versions).
Special features: Disc 1: new footage and special effects never before seen; introduction by director Ridley Scott; three filmmaker commentaries, including one by Ridley Scott -- disc 2: Definitive documentary incorporating outtakes, deleted scenes, all-new interviews -- disc 3: introductions of each version by Ridley Scott -- disc 4. Audiovisual mosaic of segments chronicling aspects of the production; focuses on Syd Mead, Jordan Cronenweth, DVD restoration, and vintage featurette.
Filmed at the Burbank Studios, Burbank, Calif.
- Scott, Ridley. , Director
Shaw, Run Run, 1907-2014 , Producer
Perenchio, Jerry. , Producer
Yorkin, Bud, 1926- , Producer
Deeley, Michael. , Producer
Fancher, Hampton. , Screenwriter
Peoples, David Webb. , Screenwriter
Ford, Harrison, 1942- , Actor
Hauer, Rutger, 1944- , Actor
Young, Sean. , Actor
Olmos, Edward James. , Actor
Walsh, M. Emmet, 1935- , Actor
Hannah, Daryl. , Actor
Sanderson, William, 1944- , Actor
James, Brion, 1945-1999. , Actor
Turkel, Joe, 1927- , Actor
Cassidy, Joanna, 1944- , Actor
Trumbull, Douglas, 1942-
Cronenweth, Jordan. , Cinematographer
Vangelis. , Composer
Dick, Philip K. , Author
Ladd Company. , Producer
Warner Bros. Pictures (1969- ) , Producer
Warner Home Video (Firm) , Distributor
- Related Work:
- Dick, Philip K. Do androids dream of electric sheep?, Author
- Blade runner [videorecording]
Dangerous days. [videorecording]
- Publisher no.:
114483 Warner Home Video
129405 Warner Home Video
- Web link:
- Connect to reviews of this title online.