Access, holdings & availability
- Other title:
- Chinese title: Gang qin meng [videorecording]
Chinese title: 钢琴梦
- Wheeling, IL : Film Ideas, c 
Reel China ; Reel 11.
Reel China ; Reel 11
1 videodisc (52 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
City and town life -- China.
Parent and child -- China.
- Documentary films.
- In English and Chinese with English voiceover; English subtitles.
- System details:
- : DVD, NTSC, Region 1.
- Yin Hong and her husband were born in the 50's. The Cultural Revolution dramatically impacted their youth; there was no place for any artistic expression. Yet they loved music and they have a gifted son, Lu Nan, who today is 15 year's old. "Piano Dream" is a story about parents investing everything they have for their only child's success. It is a dream journey binding two generations. The film brings attention to a woman's choice and fate, probing the impact of her dream on her son's maturation and their relationship. It shows the son's bitterness to a point where one asks oneself if the mother's dream is not becoming her son's nightmare. Filmed over a period of nearly three years, this documentary keeps faithful to real life, but maintains a poetic feel. -Container.
- Narrator, Carol Drinkwater; with the voices of Zelda Rittner.
- Camera, Daliang Liu; editors, Junqian Han, Qing Li ; music design, Junqian Han ; adaptation, Michel Noll.
- Added title from the caption.
Han, Juanqian. , Director
Li, Chunwu. , Producer
Noll, Michel. , Adapter
Rittner, Zelda. , Actor
Drinkwater, Carol. , Narrator
Liu, Daliang. , Composer
Zhong yang xin wen ji lu dian ying zhi pian chang.
Solferino Images (Firm) , Producer
Film Ideas (Firm) , Distributor