Access, holdings & availability
- Other title:
- Also known as: Munekata shimai [videorecording]
Munekata sisters [videorecording]
- [China] : Bo Ying, 2006.
1 videodisc (112 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
Osaragi, Jirō, 1897-1973 -- Film adaptations.
Sisters -- Japan -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
Melodramas (Motion pictures)
Motion pictures, Japanese.
- In Japanese with English subtitles; optional subtitles in simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese and Japanese.
- System details:
- : DVD, PAL, Region 6 (DVD is playable on any player, including NTSC Region 1); Dolby Digital.
- "Setsuoko is unhappily [married] to Mimura, an engineer with no job and a bad drinking habit. She had always been in love with Hiroshi but both of them failed to propose when Hiroshi left for France a few years ago. Now he is back and Mariko (Setsuko's sister) tries to reunite them. She too is secretly in love with Hiroshi."--Container.
- Chishu Ryu, Kinuyo Tanaka, Hideko Takamine.
- Cinematography, Jōji Ōhara; editor, Toshio Gotō; music, Ichirō Saitō.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1950.
Based on the short story Munekata kyōdai / [by] Jirō Osaragi.
Aspect ratio, 1.33:1.
Ozu, Yasujirō, 1903-1963. , Adapter, Screenwriter, Director
Nodo, Kogo. , Adapter, Screenwriter
Higo, Hiroshi. , Producer
Ryū, Chishū, 1904-1993. , Actor
Tanaka, Kinuyo, 1909-1977. , Actor
Takamine, Hideko, 1924-2010. , Actor
Osaragi, Jirō, 1897-1973. , Author
Saitō, Ichirō. , Composer
Tōhō Kabushiki Kaisha. , Producer
Guangzhou Shi bao sheng yin xiang zhi pin you xian gong si. , Distributor
- Publisher no.:
BD1246 Bo Ying