This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Widescreen presentation.
- Universal City, CA : Universal Home Video, 
1 videodisc (128 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
Quindlen, Anna -- Film adaptations.
Mothers and daughters -- United States -- Drama.
Euthanasia -- United States -- Drama.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Includes Spanish and French dubbed versions and subtitles in Spanish.
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System details:
- : DVD; Dolby surround stereo.
- A daughter Ellen, gives up her job and boyfriend to take care of her dying mother. Her father, a gifted professor of an English department, is more occupied with having his life running as smoothly as possible than caring for his wife. Living at home, Ellen discovers many new aspects to her parents' personalities, a father who is human despite his imperfections and a mother who loves her family passionately. When her mother finally dies Ellen is suspected of hastening her death with morphine.
- Meryl Streep, Renee Zellweger, William Hurt, Tom Everett Scott, Nicky Katt, Lauren Graham.
- Music by Cliff Eidelman ; editor, Carole Kravetz ; director of photography, Declan Quinn ; executive producers, Williams W. Wilson III, Leslie Morgan ; produced by Harry J. Ufland, Jesse Beaton ; screenplay by Karen Croner ; directed by Carl Franklin.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 1998.
Based on the novel by Anna Quindlen.
Franklin, Carl, 1949- , Director
Ufland, Harry J. , Producer
Beaton, Jesse. , Producer
Croner, Karen. , Screenwriter
Streep, Meryl. , Actor
Zellweger, Renée, 1969- , Actor
Hurt, William. , Actor
Scott, Tom Everett, 1970- , Actor
Katt, Nicky. , Actor
Graham, Lauren, 1967- , Actor
Quindlen, Anna. , Author
Eidelman, Cliff. , Composer
Universal Pictures (Firm) , Producer
Monarch Pictures. , Producer
Universal Studios Home Video (Firm) , Distributor
- Related Work:
- Quindlen, Anna. One true thing., Author
- Publisher no.: